Tuesday, September 1, 2009

In The Beginning...

Wow!

It has taken me almost a full year to finally decide how and why I wanted to start this blog.  Though I have been more or less blithely enjoying involuntary, hopefully short term "retirement" (unemployment w/benefits), I have resisted adding another social internet site to the verbiage I already do not keep up with including facebook, myspace and twitter.  On the other hand, since this blog is not designed to communicate with friends and neighbors on other than a one way basis, maybe it won't be that complicated.  No extra frills, mob lists, favorite songs or the like.  I will simply use this avenue to periodically purge myself of bad memories that might be interesting to others, opinions of mine that probably WON'T be interesting to anyone other than myself and perhaps my posterity, and partly as a travelogue of upcoming adventures I expect to have as I crisscross the USA with Purple Grannie Annie learning more about our world, and checking things off the "bucket List".

If you'd like to know more about Purple Grannie Annie, she is also keeping a blog, has a website, and would love to hear from ANYONE that cares to email her.  One of her ambitions as we journey together is to refresh her art muse, and maybe even give an art lesson or two while posting photos and her own comments.
Here is a link to her blog....
purplegrannieart.blogspot.com

Happy Trails To You!
Jon